Finally Friday! I’m ready for the weekend. You with me?
Here’s what’s new with me on the fitness front lately:
1. I’ve been eating a TON of spinach lately- pretty sure my veins have turned green. I have so much more energy for running/exercising and clearer skin than I used to. Yah for eating clean!
2. My core has gotten noticeably stronger lately. I’m definitely starting to get definition in my abs and I love it. All those planks, supermans, burpees, and squats are worth it!
3. I missed running!!! As soon as I got on the treadmill yesterday I was ready to GO. I could feel the endorphins immediately and pushed myself as hard as I could for about 2 miles before Group Core started. I’ve never been a huge fan of the treadmill, usually preferring the open road instead. However, I didn’t mind the short run at all. It’s nice to know I won’t be bored out of my mind if I need to use it this winter. I will get outside for a run long this weekend though and I’m really looking forward to it!
4. I’m narrowing in on my next race. I’m thinking the Cellcom half marathon in Green Bay on May 18th. I’ve researched a little bit and it sounds like a similar race to the Fox Cities half. The weather may be a toss up, as the last couple years it’s been really hot or really cold. I would love to have a race to look forward to because I push myself more if I’m training for a race. It would be pretty cool to run through Lambeau Field too. Have to follow up running through Miller Park somehow, right?
5. I’ve noticed such a difference in my energy levels after I work out. I used to have the mindset that I was “too tired” to exercise after work, however, now I look at exercise as an investment in increasing my energy. I’m more awake and alert at night if I’ve exercised during the day. I sleep better and wake up more easily in the mornings. I’ve made running and exercising a habit and I no longer look for excuses not to go. I actually have the opposite reaction now and have difficulties with restlessness if I don’t exercise. Ask my husband- I get a little cranky on rest days. 🙂
I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. Take time to breathe & invest in yourself; whether that’s running, group fitness, walking your dog, or taking some “me” time.