Because, well, my brain is a little fried today and I couldn’t think of five. So, four it is.
I’m starting the happy dance because though it’s been a great week, it’s also been exhausting. After sitting through a conference all day yesterday, I’m feeling a bit restless today. We drove 2 hours to the conference, sat through four presentations, and then drove the 2 hours back. I hate having to sit for so long. But, I did learn some great new ideas for assistive technology, so in the end it’s worth it!
1) My workouts this week consisted of Core, Centergy, and walking. Yes, it slightly killed me to walk and not run, but I held myself back from testing out my knee quite yet. Though it sucks not being able to run like I used to right now, I’m just happy to be able to exercise. I am planning on doing a short run this weekend outside (3 miles?) and see how it feels. I have been stretching, foam rolling, and doing some hip strengthening exercises. Crossing my fingers it helps!
2) I got an awesome email last week! I am a new Sweat Pink Ambassador! Fit Approach was founded by two lovely ladies on a mission to build a healthy community. This healthy living community is supportive and all about being the strong, confident, ambitious women who sweat hard. I’m excited for this great avenue to meet and connect with other fellow bloggers. I’m still exploring and learning the capabilities of the website, but I’m loving it so far! Sweat pink ladies (and guys too:))!
3) Sunday nights are one of my favorite nights because of the weekly twitter chats. If you haven’t joined #Vegrunchat at 8pm (central time) every Sunday night, think about it! I love talking running and veggies, so there’s no better place to do that than on Vegrunchat! I was lucky enough to win a sample pack of Larabars last week! I’ve had extremely good luck so far with twitter giveaways (knock on wood) so I’m crossing my fingers my luck continues. Now come on new Puma outfit!!
4) I loved this article, “Jim’s Last Group Run.” I am grateful to be a part of a running community in the Fox Cities. Fellow local runners have been nothing but supportive here. This article brought a tear to my eye thinking about the comradery of running. How touching to honor Jim in the only way that was really fitting. Run in peace now, Jim.
Have a wonderful weekend, friends. Remember to MOVE, SWEAT, and just be.
Any fellow Sweat pink sisters reading? Coolest thing you ever won? What’s your workout going to be this weekend?
Be social & follow grab your kicks!
- Twitter: Grab Your Kicks
- Facebook: Grab Your Kicks
- Instagram: Grab Your Kicks
- Pinterest: Grab Your Kicks